Conquest Capital Ltd is a fast growing Information Communications Technology company that specializes in web design and development, networking, software development, procurement of ICT equipment, hardware, and general consultancy.
Conquest Capital wishes to urgently recruit a suitable person to fill the position of Web Designer.
Overall purpose of the job
To develop websites, graphics, web applications, and other web related duties.
Reporting to Creative Director, and in collaboration with the ICT team, the Web Designer will perform the following duties, among others:
- Develop new Web applications as identified by the supervisor, and their management through packaged and customised applications;
- Ensure that the main Conquest Capital portal and other websites are up-to-date through collaboration with other staff;
- Maintain and enhance existing Web applications and ensure all internal systems are integrated;
- Perform complete testing of Web applications unit and system, engaging users as necessary;
- Conduct all user acceptances testing, and report results;
- Design and implement user-driven templates, databases and interfaces for ease of use;
- Develop graphic content such as logos and adverts for websites.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Possess excellent knowledge of XHTML/CSS mark up and current web standards.
- Proficiency in content management systems such as WordPress and Joomla.
- A good understanding of web graphics, typography, page layout and illustration.
- Experience in using graphic design software tools (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, GoLive).
- Proficiency in working with web servers and MySQL
- Knowledge of PHP will be an added advantage.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Artistic ability.
- Communication skills
- Computer skills
- Time-management skills
This position reports to the Creative Director. The selected candidate should be available to start as soon as possible.
How to apply
Only electronic applications will be accepted.
Applications will be accepted up to 11th November 2016, or until the position is filled, whichever is earlier. Send an application (including current salary details and anticipated remuneration package), with a current CV with names and addresses of 3 referees (including e-mail addresses and fax numbers), copies of transcripts or academic certificates and relevant testimonials, and a one-page write-up (application letter) on how you consider yourself suitable for the above job. Electronic copies must be sent to email@example.com. Only applications of shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.