Conquest Capital Ltd is a fast growing Information Communications Technology company that specializes in web design and development, networking, software development, procurement of ICT equipment, hardware, and general consultancy.
Conquest Capital wishes to urgently recruit a suitable person to fill the position of Web/Graphic Designer.
Overall purpose of the job
To develop websites, graphics, logos, web applications, and other web related duties.
Reporting to Creative Director, and in collaboration with the ICT team, the Graphic Designer will perform the following duties, among others:
- Develop info-graphics and graphics for product illustrations, logos, and websites
- Select colors, images, text style, and layout
- Present the design to clients or the creative director
- Meet with clients or the art director to determine the scope of a project
- Advise clients on strategies to reach a particular audience
- Determine the message the design should portray
- Create images that identify a product or convey a message
- Incorporate changes recommended by the clients into the final design
- Review designs for errors before printing or publishing them
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree in graphic design or a related field
- At least 6 months of relevant experience in website production.
- Be willing to learn and share new skills.
- A good understanding of web graphics, typography, page layout and illustration.
- Experience in using graphic design software tools (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, GoLive).
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills.
- The following will be an added advantage:
- Possess excellent knowledge of XHTML/CSS mark up and current web standards.
- Proficiency in content management systems such as Joomla and WordPress.
- Analytical skills.
- Artistic ability.
- Communication skills
- Computer skills
- Time-management skills
This position reports to the Creative Director. The selected candidate should be available to start as soon as possible.
How to apply
Only electronic applications will be accepted.
Applications will be accepted up to 30th October 2015, or until the position is filled, whichever is earlier. Send an application (including current salary details and anticipated remuneration package), with a current CV with names and addresses of 3 referees (including e-mail addresses and fax numbers), copies of transcripts or academic certificates and relevant testimonials, and a one-page write-up (application letter) on how you consider yourself suitable for the above job. Electronic copies must be sent to email@example.com. Only applications of shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.